A Smile Makeover
It is a term that refers to intricate dental procedures that improve the appearance and function of teeth. Using cosmetic and restorative techniques, a smile makeover can make teeth brighter, whiter, and more beautiful than ever—and it’s not just a procedure to enhance the appearance of your smile. Many patients who seek a complete smile makeover are looking to improve the quality of their life—an emotional boost to their self-confidence. Recipients of a cosmetic dental makeover report feeling happier, more attractive, and more self-assured when engaging with others. The benefits of a smile makeover are proving attractive for both young adult and middle-aged Americans. According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, the largest smile enhancement organization, over 70% of cosmetic dentistry inquiries come from people between the ages of 31 and 50.
The Impact of First Impressions
Your smile is an important element of the first impression you make. If your teeth are crooked, stained, or missing, it can create insecurities that discourage or limit smiling—which not only fosters a negative self-image but may also send the wrong signals when meeting someone for the first time. Even minor dental imperfections can subconsciously influence the way you smile, laugh, or show facial expressions. Ignoring these negative feelings about your smile may ultimately cause people to misinterpret your intentions, resulting in miscommunication and negative perceptions.
Is a Smile Makeover Right for Me?
The questionnaire below is designed to help you determine whether a cosmetic dental procedure is right for you. If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you may be a candidate for a smile makeover.
- Are you embarrassed by gaps between your teeth?
- Does the condition of your teeth make you look and feel older?
- Do you refrain from smiling to conceal your teeth?
- Do you think your teeth are badly discolored, stained, or too yellow?
- Do you cover your mouth with your hand when speaking or laughing?
- Are you self-conscious about excessive tooth wear?
- Do you have small teeth with a “gummy” smile?
- Are your teeth badly misshapen, misaligned, or chipped?
- Do you ever wish your smile could be like someone else’s?
- Do you avoid smiling in pictures or hide your teeth behind a closed-mouth smile?
Leave A Comment
* All information subject to change. Images may contain models. Individual results are not guaranteed and may vary.